whatever


Random rantiness about whatever interests, engages, and annoys me...

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Artichoke Bug Update

More arthropodic assistance to give us a bumper crop of artichokes this year.

First, a wasp going to town on aphids. 

And second, a beautiful jumping spider sitting in wait on the stalk.  She is huge!  About an inch or so.

Astute observers will notice I flipped the picture.  The spider is easier to recognize this way but I'll note she usually sits facing the ground.

Thank you, bugs!
yes, I know, spiders aren't bugs.  I know wasps aren't even bugs in the hemiptera sense.  I don't care.

2 comments:

  1. you can call wasps bugs, no one says 'true bugs' only nerdy entomologists :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think "RPods"should be a mainstream term...

    ReplyDelete